We have been joyfully tithing from our gross income for over 35+ years. We began even before my husband became a Christian (with his permission).
However this year, because we were in search of a new church, we put tithing on hold until we could find a church we could call our home.
We’d been attending a new church for about two months when we finally decided that it was the church for us. We also decided that we would resume tithing again beginning in Jan.
Our decision to begin tithing again was made on the same day that the pastor of the church just happened to share Malachi 3:10:
“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.”
Our pastor then presented a “90 Day Tithing Challenge,” offering to refund anyone in the church 100% of the money they’d given during the 90 days if God had not kept His promise.
My husband and I already know firsthand that God does indeed abundantly bless those who faithfully tithe and give offerings, so we don’t really need to participate in this challenge. However, I thought it would be interesting to keep a list of every way God would bless us once we’d start tithing again.
Amazingly, God didn’t wait until Jan (when we would resume tithing) to begin pouring out His blessings upon us.
He began immediately after we made our commitment!
Here’s what God has done for us in the four weeks since the Challenge began:
- Our medical insurance paid in full a $550.47 bill they initially said was our responsibility.
- We received an unexpected $51.59 check in the mail because of a credit that had been on an account from years ago.
- Our cell phone provider reduced our bill from $120/mo to $60/mo effective immediately.
- I wanted to purchase poinsettias as gifts. After a couple of frustrating shopping attempts, I stopped and asked God for help and He led me to a particular store where an employee was marking all the huge poinsettias and fresh cypress and pines down to ridiculously low prices. I purchased 13 gifts valued at $345 and paid only $85. A totally savings of $260!! And when I went back the next day, they had all been taken off sale and priced back to their regular prices.
- My husband received a totally unexpected $100 appreciation check from his employer.
- He also received a $30 grocery store gift card from his employer which we used to purchase a $92 Ribeye Roast that was on sale for $37. Our cost was only $7. A total savings of $85!!!
- Two night stay in hotel during Christmas has been paid in full for us. A total savings of $234.
- I received a $100 cash gift from my employer.
- We received a store credit of $113.50 for appliance delivery problems we experienced.
- I was at FedEx yesterday to ship Christmas presents, when out of the blue, another customer gave me a coupon for $5 off my shipment price.
We certainly didn’t need the $1,560 proof of God’s faithfulness, but are very humble and grateful that He chose to bless us anyway. He is always true to His word!
PRAYER: Lord God, You lavishly bless us abundantly more than we can ever ask or imagine. Thank you for being faithful and true to Your promises. Amen.