“Do all things without complaining and disputing.” Philippians 2:14 (NKJV)
I recently came across the following pledge which convicted me of my own negativity. I’m passing this on to you as a challenge to see how long you can remain totally complaint-free. A day? A week? Longer? Maybe, only one hour? LOL! Trust me, it’s easier said than done, but not impossible if you make a conscious effort, when about to speak, to pause, ponder, and pray.
A Complaint Free Pledge:
1. I commit to looking for solutions rather than problems.
2. I will speak only positively about other people whether they are present or not.
3. My words will be about the myriad things I have to be grateful for rather than my relatively small number of problems.
4. I take responsibility for my words knowing that they reflect my thoughts and create my reality.
5. I know that happiness is a choice I make at any given moment and I choose to be happy.
This pledge comes from author Will Bowen. I highly recommend his book, A Complaint-Free World: How to Stop Complaining and Start Enjoying the Life You Always Wanted.
PRAYER: Lord, create in me a clean heart and may it be full of thanksgiving and praise at all times, in Jesus name. Amen.